Monday, January 17, 2011

Tot School - Snowy days



 It's been pretty lax Tot School wise around here lately.  Mostly because I've started doing preschool with Silas while Oliver is napping and I've yet to figure out where Tot School fits into our day now.

As I mentioned in my preschool post, there have been multiple mentions of snow from those who don't normally get it.  Here (south central BC) snow isn't unusual at all, but we did get a nice big dump this past week so I thought I'd throw in a few tot school snow pictures too!


Our Christmas sensory bin is still out.  Oliver and his brother play with it 2-3 times a week and they still enjoy it, although I've noticed they spend less time with it when I bring it out these days.  A new bin is coming up!  As far as the Christmas bin goes, Oliver always rummages through to find those two giant light bulbs, he loves them!  He bangs them together, rubs them together, stashes them under paper and packing peanuts, and quickly finds them again.  He's been doing a lot of throwing lately, but that's not something I'm encouraging!


Another something he's been enjoying lately are egg cartons.  Each time I rotate our toys I bring something up that Oliver can pack around in his little basket (as he's also into toting things around).  If I leave an egg carton out, guaranteed Oliver's going to be putting one item in each hole.  Here he's using practice golf balls - which we love for many things, by the way! - and the little balls from his ball popper machine.


Like Carisa, and as I've already said,  we're not doing any formal Tot School rotation, but here Oliver is, happy as heck, out in the snow.  We got 8" in one night and we had such a blast the next morning.  Oliver, in particular, loves to eat it!  At least it was fresh, not two-week old snow.



We also did our fair share of sledding.  Living on a ranch tucked into the mountains has its advantages, don't you know?!  Here Oliver and Silas are humouring me with a (strange) smile while waiting for me to just get on already so we could slide!

And that's it for this week!  I'll try and be a little more dedicated in the picture-taking department this coming week!  For more inspiration and ideas, see 1+1+1=1.

No comments:

Post a Comment