Sunday, January 2, 2011

Tot School - Christmas!

Tot School

We haven't done Tot School in a few weeks, but I've still been checking the weekly posts and links.  I was excited to join in this week with some of Oliver's favorite gifts and Christmas moments!


What a difference a year makes at this age!  Last year he swam around on his tummy in all the gift paper, completely oblivious to the gifts.  This year he actually figured out how to unwrap things on his own!


I'd have to say this little train was one of his favorite toys.  Despite the fact that we had to return the tracks because they didn't fit with our current set, he still ran this Thomas the Train around our house for hours.  This was after my in-laws had left and everyone was winding down for a little quiet time after a busy and exciting morning.  He laid on the floor, head down, for about fifteen minutes just running it back and forth, quiet as a mouse and so happy.


Renewed after quiet time and a snack, I sate them in front of their gifts and the tree for a photo and I was so pleased to get them both smiling, all eyes open and on me!  Not an easy feat with a one and three year old!


On Boxing Day evening, we gathered at my parents' house with my sisters and my niece and nephew.  I had to capture this outfit!  It was a gift from his big sister.  So cute!


The first gift he opened there was this tug boat by Discovery Toys.  It has three balls that can be hammered through the holes on the top.  They make their way down the ramps, going in and out and finally stopping in front of the boat to be replaced to start all over again.  Oliver loved this!  We couldn't tear him away from it to open other gifts.



We generally let the boys go all out at Christmas when comes to candy.  I figure it's best to get it all over with and go back to normal food in a day or two.  Oliver really enjoyed the sucker from Grami (my mom)!

This was such a fantastic Christmas for our family.  A few things were shifted around, a few invitations were turned down, and it made for a really relaxing, peaceful and enjoyable time for everyone.  Best of all, the kids were well rested and able to enjoy it all too!

This post has been linked with 1+1+1=1.




1 comment:

  1. Such handsome little ones, they both look extremely happy with all of their holiday surprises:)

    ReplyDelete