Friday, January 28, 2011

"My" Newest Sensory Bin


I've been inspired by a few wonderful bins from all over the net, and some the enthusiastic posts from 1+1+1=1 (you should also check out Counting Coconuts for tons of ideas!).  I've done a Halloween bin, a Christmas bin, and now a "construction" bin.  Just a few dollar store trucks and dozers, shined rocks, fish tank gravel, some blocks, popsicle sticks and wooden blocks.  Oh and a few juice can lids, plan toy men, an empty saran wrap roll (these are pretty sturdy!) and a couple of metal gift card holders just cause I had them. I plan on adding some shovels and buckets and other odds and ends over time.  So far it's a big (messy!) hit.  Somehow, this bin has been a little more wild than the others, not sure exactly why.  I usually pull this out a few times a week while I'm in the kitchen making supper and the boys can play there and be near me.  Try one out sometime, it's a great way to occupy little ones for a half hour while you're trying to get something done!


No comments:

Post a Comment