Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Pantry Challenge

This, I have to say, is perfect timing.  For months I've been telling myself that I've GOT to make jam with all the frozen fruit in the freezer.  I've GOT to eat more of our own meat, rather than buying it.  I've GOT to empty the freezers - so I can put more in it haha!  So! I'll be joining in over at Life As Mom's pantry challenge.  She encourages us to set our own parameters and choose some frugal pantry related goals that fit our own families.  Here are mine:

1) Use up at least 3/4 of the frozen fruit.  I have at least three flats of fruit: blueberries, strawberries, plums, huckleberries, peaches, more plums!  Home made jam is easy, delicious and (I tell myself) slightly healthier than store bought.

2)  I'll spend $50 dollars or less, on groceries each week.  Of course, that includes toothpaste, toilet paper, etc.

3) I'll not buy a speck of meat!  Even if it's on sale!  I have bear, venison, beef, chicken and a bit of lamb in the freezer.  There's really no reason for me to be buying meat!

4) Finally, when I do restock the pantry a little, I'll focus on healthy foods that will bless my family!

Care to join us?

No comments:

Post a Comment