Friday, July 2, 2010

Tot School

Tot School


We started out with the best of intentions. I had six activities all ready to go. Silas really enjoyed the first few one day, and another activity another day. Then the dreaded stomach flu hit. Let's just say there was no time for Tot School on Wednesday and Thursday!





Silas seemed to be challenged by these little clothespins. Not too hard, but definitely not easy. The matching was no problem at all. We've never really done a specific matching game, so I was pleased he understood the concept. Next time I'll add more colours.









He REALLY enjoyed this float or sink activity. He was able to correctly predict whether an object would float or sink before putting in the water, and he enjoyed wandering around the house on the hunt for more things that would float or more things that would sink. He requested to play this one three times over the week (each day we did Tot School).













This wooden beading necklace was a lot of fun for him. He's played with them before, but not often. He was easily able to name the colours. I might make some pattern cards for him with these beads as they're all primary colours and easy to match with crayola felts.














Once again, I underestimated his abilities with sorting and matching. He easily sorted green and orange beads. It didn't hold his attention long - too easy! I'll ramp this up a bit next time.







I also set out a jug of macaroni and a pretty bowl for pouring. Once again too easy. . . I'm impressed what he can do! The School of Life is pretty educational! The last activity was a Color Wonder colouring book in a Cars theme. He loved the cars theme, wasn't so big on the colouring. That's okay - I like it when kids draw their own pictures anyhow!


Tiny Tot School


Oliver loved the beads! Just picking them up, testing them, tasting them. He watched me put them in the plastic jar for a while, then tried it out himself. Dumping them out proved to be a challenge and he needed my guidance to figure it out. He was always delighted whenever I left this jar out for him, even with the lid on!








For some more truly fantastic ideas for Tot School, please see 1+1+1=1 !


2 comments:

  1. Hi there-looks like you had a great week! I am now following you by the way :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific! Wow, my first follower lol. . . hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete