Friday, July 2, 2010

Things are happening around here!

Oliver has been changing in leaps and bounds and I just had to report!


For starters, he has started to discover books. He's especially into books with shoes, tractors or birds.

He's really starting to communicate now! It's so exciting to witness that evolving. The expression on his face when something connects for him is priceless.

I'm teaching him sign language, just like I did for Silas. I'll have to post about my conviction when it comes to signing for infants and toddlers, but for now, let me just say that I think it's fantastic.

Oliver has 6 signs: more, all done, dog, tractor/car/truck, shoes and bird. He had the first three for months! I was beginning to think that I just too busy to have the focus and consistency for signing with my third child, when all of the sudden he learned the next three signs in just a few days! He's also using more and all done in more situations than just at the table which is so gratifying. He uses some words already, too: tractor (tah-tuh), dog barking noises (his favorite), uh oh! and wow! (both very adorable).

Last, but certainly not least, after months of pulling himself up, cruising furniture and standing on his own in the middle of the room, Oliver has finally discovered that he can actually take steps! He began to pull himself up on furniture when he was only six or seven months old so I thought he'd be walking ages ago. Once again, I have to remember that kids do things in their own good time.







I love this shot, the smile just says it all and his dad behind ready for a catch is great.



No comments:

Post a Comment