Monday, February 7, 2011

Tot School of Life


Tot School


This was another week of life school for Oliver.  I think I may have worked out an hour where Oliver and I can "work" together uninterrupted on Saturday mornings, so I may be able to organize a bit of fun for us this week!

He continues to love books.  He especially loves books with trains or chickens in them (this one has both, so it was an instant hit!).


He's gotten to the point now where I can trust him with small objects like coins.  He spent a half hour dumping the coins out of his piggy bank's nose, inserting them back in the slot.  It was fantastic!

 Have I ever mentioned how much Oliver likes to be outside?  This is him, moments after breakfast.  He'd put his own boots on over his sleeper and I believe his brother helped him pull on the hat.  This is usually happens daily.  I wish he would put on his own boots when it's time actually time to leave, but at that point he's busy doing something else and doesn't want to go.  I just can't win!

He does get to spend a good bit of time outside though.  Here he is helping his dad with some chores around the ranch one morning.

 Here he's walking with his Grami and his Auntie.  This is the first time he's wanted to get out of the buggy to walk, he's always been so content to just sit back an relax.  Gone are our invigorating walks - they'll take on a much more leisurely pace I predict!

Here's another favorite book - you can't tell, but it's "That's Not My Tractor" by Usborne books.  So much fun to read!  I'm a consultant for Usborne, so we get to try out a lot of great children's books.  He'll snuggle into anyone's lap to read, even strange men at our drop-in preschool in town, but he LOVES to snuggle with dad.

Oliver's also been really "helping" a lot around the house.  Here he is lining all the oranges and avocados up on the fridge shelf while I scrub out the drawers.  How helpful.  The other night he put all our orange peels in the garbage for us - one at a time.  All 16 of them!  Took about ten minutes haha!

I just about missed this shot, but I couldn't resist posting it anyhow.  He sat down with his brother and his dad to watch Bug's Life for a moment before bed.  I was watching as he turned to study his dad, then reach his hands straight up in the air.  Then, grinning, he turned to see if he was doing it right, made the adjustment of touching his hands to his head, elbows out, just like his dad.  Then he turned around again to watch some more TV, occasionally peeking back to confirm his position.  So cute!  And Scott didn't even notice!

I'm linking this post up with Tot School - check it out for a ton of fun planned activities for your tot!

1 comment:

  1. My little guy loves to rearrange everything in the fridge :)
    I love that last picture, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete