Sunday, March 7, 2010

A quick catch-up

Wow! Here's march in already! We've had some gorgeous weather lately . . . it seems to think it's April out there. Since it's spring break in BC though, I'm sure it will deteriorate outside quite quickly.

Yesterday Tawny went on a holiday with her boyfriend's family. There was some moral dilemma here, but mostly we were glad she'd get the opportunity. The state of her geographical knowledge is appalling, so maybe a trip to the provinces capital will help a little. Besides that, the island is gorgeous - especially when we're a little 'green deprived' around here. After she left around 8 am Scott and I decided that we'd pack up the little kids and take the in-laws offer of babysitting the munchkins while we went and saw Avatar in theatres. We drove to Westbank, where the in-laws were visiting Scott's grandmother, and dropped off Silas and Oliver. Then we continued on to Kelowna to watch the movie. It was three hours long, which Oliver has never done away from me before, and fantastic! As soon as it was over though, I allowed myself to give in to that anxiety and we went straight back. He was fine, as I thought he would be, but I was glad to seem him! And now that I know it can be done, I hope to have this kind of wonderful few hours to myself again soon!

Then, almost right away, we had to pack up up and drive home becuase it IS calving season and Scott was getting some anxiety about his girls. We've had a bit of troublesome start. A stillborn, an abortion, a calf that couldn't suck on his own right away. Hopefully things have evened out for a run of good luck now!

This morning was my traditional extended-family breakfast. I usually do pancakes or waffles, but instead I made pumpkin muffins and fried some eggs since I made Tawny pancakes yesterday in honor of her leaving. It was okay - my dad doesn't really like muffins so I felt a little bad for him. But I liked the muffins lol!

We may be off to Nicola Lake this afternoon to visit with friends - on of whom is visiting up from Nelson with her new baby boy Surya. Once again Scott's rushing through morning chores (which take till after noon lol!) so he can try and get a bit of time for fun and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment