Monday, June 21, 2010

My Boys

These are my boys. Gotta love 'em. I'd like to do a post on my own and only girl, only now that she's 15 she's not around nearly as much as these guys and I'm having trouble scaring up some decent pictures (and by decent I mean ones she won't kill me for posting haha)! Now that I'm aware of this shocking deficiency you can be sure I'll correct the situation.

This is Silas's first fish. Let me tell you about my dear husband - stuff like a first fish, that's big deal. He doesn't have any sisters, and his mom drives logging trucks in her spare time, so he's definitely a man's kind of man. You know, rifles, dirty beat-up trucks, rodeo, beer, that kind of thing. So a son who's as into fishing as ours? A Big Deal, indeed!

Oliver looks a bit concerned in this photo. Maybe he's afraid he'll be in his big brother's shadow forever? Don't worry Ollie, this next photo's all you, buddy:


This was taken a while ago during a quick break for snacks during branding in the heifer pen. Typically, by the time the morning chores are done and things get set up, it's around nine or ten. There's no way to get all those calves branded by lunch, so we bring a hefty coffee break down to the workers at noon and then have a late lunch whenever they're done - be it two o'clock or after four. Oliver was chewing on a pear and I felt it my motherly duty to try and keep that juicy fruit out of the dirt. So I put him in a grain tub. I'm sure dried cow slobber was a much better element than dried calf poop and mud.

I stand by that to this day.

And look at him, he seems to be okay, right?! It's funny, you'd never guess that he freaks out if his dad puts him to bed at night, 'cause he sure likes hanging out with dad during the day. He's actually wearing Scott's work hat right now which just proves how much he likes him as I wouldn't touch that thing with a ten foot pole and arm length gloves. Do you know what ranchers use arm length gloves for? Never mind. The point is, I wouldn't do it, but this kid sure doesn't seem to mind. I love this smile!





Okay, one more photo before I end this randomness:

This is the epitome of Silas. A puddle and a big truck. In fact, I'm suprised I don't have more pictures of him like this! He goes NOWHERE unless he's pushing this truck. He's actually worn the wheels right through, we wrapped them in black hockey tape. If ever they make one of these great metal tonka trucks with rubber tires, I will buy at least five. The plastic tires on these trucks are SO LOUD on a gravel road. If I'm with someone, we can't even have a conversation, it's ridiculous. On the upside, I can usually tell where he is on the ranch when he's ripping around with his dumptruck - the sound carries a ways!

So that's them! Some time in the near future, I'll be sure to post a bit on my lovely daughter. She's been such a gem lately, I'm pretty sure there's a good chance that she'll end up human before all's said and done!

No comments:

Post a Comment