Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Face


Help. Please. Mom.  Three little words.  Three precious little words I would do anything to hear.  Instead, what do I get?  The Face.  The Noise That Goes With It.  

Somewhere along the way, Oliver has gotten it into his little noodle that the charming face you see above, accompanied by an awful "ehhhhhhhhh" wine that you're lucky enough not to hear, is the way to get my attention.  Since I'm striving to be both a more joyful and steady mom, I've mostly managed to giggle at my little dictator while showing him the signs for help, more or all done.  And while he has a sign or a word (or both)  for Silas, a word for Dad, dog and tractor and a variety of other things, including shoe, still nothing on the "mama" front.  What does that tell you about this kid's priorities?!


Instead, I get this odd, squinty-eyed, chin tilted, "ehhhhh".  In a variety of situations and settings, too.  See, here he is at my mom's:




Odd child.  But I have to admit, he's picking up the signs left and right.  It's only a matter of time, right?



Right?!



This post was created as part of the 30-minute blog challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment